I am now 38 yo and starting to get concern with the skincare products I am using. Is it tightening my skin, will I look younger, is it right for my skin type? There is just endless questions.
So I guess the first part is to identify your skin type;
- Normal Skin.
- Combination Skin.
- Dry Skin.
- Oily Skin.
- Sensitive Skin.
- Ageing Skin.
- Irritated Dry Skin
What’s the difference? Your type depends on things such as:
- How much water is in your skin, which affects its comfort and elasticity
- How oily it is, which affects its softness
- How sensitive it is
Normal Skin Type
Not too dry and not too oily, normal skin has:
- No or few imperfections
- No severe sensitivity
- Barely visible pores
- A radiant complexion
Combination Skin Type
Your skin can be dry or normal in some areas and oily in others, such as the T-zone (nose, forehead, and chin). Many people have this type. It may need slightly different care in different areas.
Combination skin can have:
- Pores that look larger than normal, because they’re more open
- Shiny skin
You may have:
- Almost invisible pores
- Dull, rough complexion
- Red patches
- Your skin is less elastic
- More visible lines
Your skin can crack, peel, or become itchy, irritated, or inflamed. If it’s very dry, it can become rough and scaly, especially on the backs of your hands, arms, and legs.
Oily Skin Type
You may have:
- Enlarged pores
- Dull or shiny, thick complexion
- Blackheads, pimples, or other blemishes
It can show up as:
The 6 Basics of Skin Care
No matter what type of skin you have, here are some tips will keep it looking its best.
- Use a broad spectrum sunscreen that blocks both UVA and UVB rays.
- Avoid direct sunlight, and wear a hat and sunglasses.
- Don’t smoke.
- Stay hydrated.
- Wash your skin gently but thoroughly every day and never wear makeup to bed.