So if you are planning a quick trip to Sydney, then here is the list of things we would recommend following our recent 4 day / 3 night trip;
- Meriton Suites on Kent Street – ~$350 p/n, 4 star, modern 2 brm apartment, indoor swimming pool, gym, right in the center of the city. It’s walking distance to China town, Darling Habour and to Pitt street mall. Great for the explorer looking to relax after a long day in these modern apartments with a large balcony for entertaining.
- Breakfree on George street – ~$144 p/n, 4 star, cute and cosy studio apartments, clean and some rooms have balconies. Excellent location, just across the road is Market City (Hay Market) and China town.
- Go for a walk down to Darling Habour
- Hay Marketing (open weekends)
- Walk around the new development areas of Barangaroo
- Catch a Fast Ferry to Manly from Darling Harbour, hop off and walk to the beach through the mall and return to Circular Quay (Return ferries every 20mins)
- If you are looking for the Vietnamese experience, than catch the train to Cabramatta
- Catch a train and enjoy some shopping at Westfield Bondi Junction
- Catch a bus to Bondi Beach
- Walk across the Habour Bridge, then try Stir Crazy Thai in Kirribilli
- Walk to the Opera House at night and enjoy the view
On average we were walking about 20-25km per day exploring the city and its surrounding areas.